Degree > Educator Preparation Institute
This curriculum is from the current college catalog and is meant to provide prospective students an example of courses taken in this degree/certificate. It is not intended to be used for graduation requirements. Students should consult an advisor for graduation information.
CERT.EPI - 21 Credit Hours
The Educator Preparation Institute (EPI) offers a certificate program that will allow previous college graduates with baccalaureate degrees an alternative avenue to begin teaching in Florida Schools.
Graduates of the certificate program will be:
1. Granted an Alternative Preparation Certificate
2. Qualified to take the Professional Education Competency Exam
3. Further prepared to become K-12 teachers in Florida
Certification reflecting completion of the EPI may be earned by completing 21 credit hours in the following courses and completing all necessary application, and program requirements:
- EPI 0001 Classroom Management 3
- EPI 0002 Instructional Strategies 3
- EPI 0003 Technology 3
- EPI 0004 The Teaching and Learning Process 3
- EPI 0010 Foundations of Research-Based Practices in Reading 3
- EPI 0020 Professional Foundations (concurrent registration with EPI 0940) 2
- EPI 0030 Diversity(concurrent registration with EPI 0945) 2
- EPI 0940 Field Experience 1
- EPI 0945 Field Experience 1
Note: A grade of "C" or better must be attained for each course completed for this certificate.
Note: This program is Financial Aid Eligible.