Date and Time: July 8-9, 2019 0800-1700 (16 hours)
Instructor: Scott Rosenwasser
Location: 2002 N 17th St. Tampa, FL 33605
Ybor Campus, Public Service Technology Building
Registration deadline: June 24, 2019
Course Fee: Trust funded
Enrollment is limited to 30
This 16- hour course is designed to cover all aspects of a criminal trial. This course is designed to help you not only investigate cases ranging from homicides to trafficking in controlled substances but how to effectively communicate the investigations to a jury during trial. This course addresses the 3 components of a guilty verdict: Investigating Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, Documenting to Avoid Cross-Examination Issues, and Presenting a Case in a Professional Manner.
This is a Criminal Justice Standards & Training Commission Specialized Training Course, and is approved for mandatory retraining only
Topics of instruction include:
- Investigating beyond a reasonable doubt; tips to investigate to disprove the defense theories of alibi, mistake, selfdefense, etc.
- Investigating with cell phones, cell sites, video surveillance.
- Investigating to avoid cross-examination issues.
- Documenting to avoid cross examination issues.
- Documenting to avoid motions.
- Preparing exhibits for trial.
- Pre-trial preparation with the prosecutor.
- Dressing appropriately for trial.
- Testifying on direct and cross examination.
- Mock trial exercises.
Parking is located at the Palm Avenue Garage located on the corner of 9th Ave and Nuccio Parkway. Please park on the student side of the garage.
For more information, please contact: Sandra Franklin email@example.com or (813) 253-7952.