This course is required for those who intend to become a Florida Licensed Unarmed Security Officer. Students are required by Chapter 493, Florida Statute, to successfully complete a 40 HOUR classroom course before they can apply for a Class D Unarmed Security Officer License.
- Students are required by the State of Florida to be 18 years of age to apply for a license,
- Students must be a US Citizen or Legal Resident Alien
- Students must pass a criminal background check.
- Students must achieve a passing score on two written tests.
All classes are held at the Ybor City Campus Public Service Technology Building (YPST)
2002 North 17th ST, Tampa, FL 33605
click here for a map of Ybor Campus
NOTE: It is MANDATORY that you MUST ATTEND every day of the class.
- Registration takes place in the classroom on the first day of class.
- Please bring a check or money order for $118.00 made payable to "HCC."
- Please bring your driver's license or state-issued ID.
Please park in the Fernando Noriega Jr. Garage - Palm Avenue Garage - Click here for a map.
Tell the security officer that you are attending the HCC Security Class to receive a parking permit for your dashboard.
- July 29 - August 2, 2019 Time 9am - 6pm
- August 12 -16, 2019 Time 9am - 6pm
- August 26 - 30, 2019 Time 9am- 6pm
- September 9 - 13, 2019 Time 9am - 6pm
- September 23 - 27, 2019 Time 9am - 6pm