Spring 2013 Writing Contest: Diversity
What does diversity mean to you?
Do you feel you live in a truly diverse society?
How do you feel diversity enhances our society?
What does it mean to be part of a diverse global community?
Consider these questions when writing your short story, poem, or essay for the spring 2013 writing contest. This semester's theme is diversity, and any piece from a Brandon or Regent student that fits this theme and follows the rules below is eligible to win.
- Entries are restricted to students currently
enrolled in at least one class at Hillsborough Community College's
Brandon campus or the satellite campus, HCC @ the Regent.
- Poems may be no more than 750 words, short
stories may be no more than 2,500 words, and essays may be no more than 1,000
- Students may not submit more than one entry.
- All manuscripts must be double spaced, in
Times New Roman 12 pt font. Pages should
- All entries must contain a separate cover
page containing the student’s name, title of the piece, HCC ID number, e-mail
address, phone number, and category of the piece. This information must NOT appear on any other
- Manuscripts not related to the theme of “Diversity” will not be considered for placement or any potential prizes.
- All entries must be e-mailed as an attachment to email@example.com. No hard copy entries will be accepted.
- Submissions must be e-mailed by the author of the entry. Submissions sent on behalf of a student writer will not be accepted.
- Entries must be received no later than 5 PM
on March 18th, 2013. Winners will be announced at International Day on April 9th, 2013.
- In order to be eligible for prizes,
students must follow all rules listed above. The judges and sponsoring
departments reserve the right to withhold prizes if entries do not meet
the qualifications or do not follow the contest's theme.
Please follow these rules as written, since any broken
rules may result in your piece being disqualified. Prizes may be awarded to winners, depending
on available funds and number of entries.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Get creative, have fun, and good luck!