HCC Home HCC Ybor Campus HCC SouthShore Campus HCC Plant City Campus HCC District Administrative Offices HCC Dale Mabry Campus HCC Brandon Campus
Financial Assistance 
The Teacher Education and Compensation Helps (T.E.A.C.H.) Early Childhood Scholarship Program provides scholarships for early care educators and center directors to work towards earning an Associate's degree or credentials in early childhood education. It is funded by the Agency for Workforce Innovation Office of Early Learning and involves a three-way partnership for the sharing of expenses by the caregiver receiving the scholarship, the sponsoring child care center or family child care home and T.E.A.C.H. The majority of tuition and books costs are paid for and most T.E.A.C.H. participants receive a per-semester stipend for travel or for internet access as well as a bonus for caregivers and directors who complete their scholarship contract. In most scholarship models, reimbursement to the early childhood program or family child care home for release time given participants.
The T.E.A.C.H. program works with 48 colleges, universities and vocational technical schools throughout the state as well as 14 community-based training institutions. Under management of the Children’s Forum, the Florida T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Scholarship Program serves as an umbrella for a variety of educational scholarship opportunities for people working in early care and education programs.  
T.E.A.C.H. Video (Florida) http://teach-fl.org/?page_id=622#tabs-622-0-1
T.E.A.C.H. Video (National) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxbGFmdKHNI   

Financial aid: Financial aid is any scholarship, grant, loan, or employment (or a combination thereof) designed to help students meet their college expenses. The amount and types of financial aid given is based on state, federal and college guidelines. Students must be degree seeking, meet enrollment requirements and make satisfactory academic progress to be eligible for financial aid. Students seeking financial assistance must apply each academic year. To apply for the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Federal Work-Study, Florida Student Assistance Grant and certain college scholarships, the following forms must be completed: 
(1) FAFSA  http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/  Forms are available in the financial aid department in student services. Each financial aid applicant must complete this form and submit it to the address indicated on the form.
(2) Income Tax Return (1040A/1040EZ/1040): If so stated on the SAR, students must submit copies of their and their parents' income tax returns for the most recent year and complete institutional verification forms.
(3) Student Aid Report (SAR): An official SAR is sent to all students who submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This SAR contains information about a student’s Pell Grant eligibility as determined by the U.S. Department of Education. All pages of the SAR must be signed and submitted to the College’s Financial Aid office.

Student are encouraged to visit the financial aid department in student services for further information

Additional Resources
  • HCC offers scholarships in a number of areas. Students are encouraged to visit the scholarship webpage or any counseling office for more information.