Nursing Program Prerequisites
**At the present time, only students with COMPLETED Prerequisites will be considered for admission to the Nursing Program.
**Please refer to the Student Handbook for further details about GPA and admissions information
**Please refer to the Health Sciences Handbbook (on the Health Science Department Page) for more information about GPA and prerequisite courses.
Students requesting application to the Nursing Program must have the following:
- Successfully passed background check.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2.8 college cumulative grade (excluding college preparatory courses).
- Completion (prior to submitting an application) of the following 21 credit hours of Nursing Program general education pre-requisite courses with no less than a C grade in each course
- a. ENC 1101 Freshman English 1 3cr
- b. BCS 2085 Human Anatomy & Physiology 1 3cr
- c. BSC 2085L Human Anatomy & Physiology Lab 1cr
- d. BSC 2086 Human Anatomy & Physiology II 3cr
- e. BSC 2086L Human Anatomy & Physiology Lab II 1cr
- f. MAC1105 College Algebra 3cr - or higher (updated 2010)
- g. SYG 2000 Introduction to Sociology 3cr.
- h. MCB 2000 Microbiology 3cr.
- i. MCB 2000L Microbiology Lab 1cr.
The above listed courses must be completed with no less than a C grade in each course, prior to submitting an application to the Nursing Program.
Deadline for FALL Entry is January 15th of each year.
Deadline for SPRING Entry is June 1st of each year.
This page last updated July 29, 2015 eab
Please report any problems with this page to Eugene Broda email@example.com