Nursing Curiculum Prerequisites
**At the present time, only students with COMPLETED Prerequisites will be considered for admission to the Nursing Program.
**Please refer to the HCC Catalog for further details about GPA and admissions information
**Please refer to the Health Science Handbook for more information about GPA and prerequisite courses.
Students requesting application to the Nursing Program must have the following:
Completion (prior to submitting an application) of the following 21 credit hours of Nursing Program general education pre-requisite courses with no less than a C grade in each course
- ENC 1101 Freshman English 1 3cr
- BCS 2085 Human Anatomy & Physiology 1 3cr
- BSC 2085L Human Anatomy & Physiology Lab 1cr
- BSC 2086 Human Anatomy & Physiology II 3cr
- BSC 2086L Human Anatomy & Physiology Lab II 1cr
- MAC1105 College Algebra 3cr - or higher (updated 2010)
- SYG 2000 Introduction to Sociology 3cr.
- MCB 2000 Microbiology 3cr.
- MCB 2000L Microbiology Lab 1cr.
The above listed courses must be completed with no less than a C grade in each course, prior to submitting an application to the Nursing Program.
Deadline for FALL 2016 Entry is January 15, 2016.
**** Beginning 2017 the new Fall application deadline will be May 15, 2017 ****.
Deadline for SPRING Entry is August 15th of each year.
This page last updated November 5, 2015 eab
Please report any problems with this page to Eugene Broda firstname.lastname@example.org