HCC Home >
Inter-agency Prescribed Fire Program >
Upon completion of this course students should know and understand the following:
1. Identifying the factors of fire intensity which have an effect on local resources.
2. Identifying the requirements and components for developing proper burn prescriptions and operational plans.
3. Identifying burn techniques that need to be applied to meet burn plan requirements.
4. Develop a burn prescription and an operational plan for given fuel types, given land management objectives, fire behavior history, weather data and fuel loading.
5. Execute the operational plan, meeting local management objectives; smoke disbursement and visibility within public health standards.
6. Evaluate immediate post-burn fire effects against given management objectives.
Please contact Donna Lewis for further information Phone: 813-757-2207 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org