Admission Requirements for International F-1 Students
Application Due Dates:
Transfer F-1 Students
| Fall (August-December)
|| June 15
|| July 15
| Spring (January-May)
|| October 1
|| November 1
| Summer (May-August)
|| March 15
|| April 15
1. Application: Complete, print and sign the International Student Application. Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
2. $50 Application Fee: You will be required to pay a one-time, non-refundable international student application fee of $50 in the form of a cashier's/bank check or international money order (made payable to “Hillsborough Community College”), or via wire transfer at www.peertransfer.com/school/hcc. Unfortunately, we cannot accept other forms of payment at this time.
3. Proof of Financial Support:
- Submit a notarized Affidavit of Financial Support (included in the printable application).
- Submit a bank statement or a letter from the sponsor’s bank showing the availability of at least one year of available funds (a minimum of $20,394 for the 2011-2012 academic year) to cover all academic and living expenses.
Although HCC only requires proof of financial support for the first year of study, you are responsible for all expenses for the entire duration of your stay at HCC. If you bring dependents with you, please provide an extra $5,000 for your spouse and/or child.
4. Proof of secondary/high school and post-secondary (college/university) education:
- Secondary/high school education: Applicants who graduated from a high school/secondary school outside of the U.S. need to submit a document-by-document evaluation of their official transcripts/completion documents (and translation, if not in English) from an approved evaluation agency. A list of accepted evaluation agencies can be found at http://www.naces.org/. Please submit original transcripts along with the evaluation if the agency does not include them.
Submit official transcripts (in a sealed envelope) if you attended high school in the U.S.
- Post-secondary (college/university) education: Applicants who completed academic coursework at a university or college outside of the U.S. must submit a course-by-course evaluation (and translation, if not in English) from an approved evaluation agency at http://www.naces.org/. Provide original transcripts if they are not included in the final evaluation report.
Applicants who completed academic coursework at a U.S. university or college must submit official transcripts (in a sealed envelope) along with their application.
NOTE: Applicants who already earned an associate degree or higher at a U.S. post-secondary institution or its equivalency at a post-secondary institution outside the U.S. (by evaluation) do not need to submit proof of high school graduation.
5. Proof of English Proficiency:
- To be admitted to HCC, international student applicants must meet our English proficiency requirement, for example, a TOEFL score of at least 61 (IBT) or an IELTS score band of 5.5 or higher. Click here for more information on how you can provide proof of your English proficiency, if English is not your native language.
6. Copy of your passport (photo page)
F-1 students transferring from a U.S. institution (for example, ELS) must submit additional documentation:
7. Copy of your current Form I-20 (page 1 and 3)
8. Copy of your I-94 card (front and back)
9. Copy of your F-1 visa
10. Transfer Clearance Form, completed by your current school’s International Student Advisor.
11. Proof of health insurance (must be provided before registration)
Questions? Call the Center for International Education at 813-253-7009 or email email@example.com.
Send your admission documents by mail. Faxes, scans or photocopies are not accepted.
Center for International Education
Hillsborough Community College
4001 W. Tampa Bay Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33614, USA
Are you a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident? Please click here for more information regarding U.S. Citizen and Permanent Resident admissions requirements.