English Proficiency Requirements
In order to pursue a full course of study in either the Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree programs as an F-1 international student, you must demonstrate the ability to speak, read, write, and understand English at a level appropriate for college-level studies. To verify your level, the College requires proof of English proficiency before admission is approved.
International students, whose native language is not English, may demonstrate English proficiency by meeting any one of the following conditions:
- TOEFL 61 (iBT)/173 (CBT)/500 (PBT) or higher
- IELTS 5.5 or higher
- Completion of Level 5 at an English Language Institute at a Florida Intensive English Consortium school
- Completion of Level 109 at an ELS language center
- Completion of Kaplan's High-Intermediate Level
- Completion of the highest level of a regionally accredited intensive English language program
- Academic-level transfer students only: Completion of ENC 1101 from another U.S. college or university
- Graduation from a U.S. high school with a standard high school diploma after having attended that school for the entire senior year.
Click here for more information about our English Language Programs.