The application procedures specified below are for international students (transfer and initial) intending to study at HCC on an F-1 student visa. Permanent residents and international students in other visa categories should contact the Office of Admissions, Registration and Records at the campus they plan to attend for assistance in enrolling at HCC.
F-2 visa holders: Effective May 29, 2015, an F-2 dependent (spouse or minor child) of an F-1 student in the United States may study part-time in any certified program at an SEVP-certified school at the postsecondary level, as long as it does not amount to what regulations define as full-time for an F-1 student. Click here for specific admission requirements.
2. $50 non-refundable application fee. You can pay the fee in several ways.
3. Proof of financial support.
Students with scholarship from the Saudi Arabia Cultural Mission (SACM) and the Embassy of Qatar must present a "Letter for Admission Purposses" issued to HCC for the term they plan to enroll. Upon conditional admission to HCC, applicants must present the official Financial Guarantee before a Form I-20 can be issued.
4. Transcripts (Academic Records)
To be eligible for admission to an associate degree program at HCC, applicants must submit documentation that they have the equivalent of an Associate or higher degree, or a standard high school diploma, or a high school equivalency certificate (GED).
5. Proof of English Proficiency
To be admitted to HCC, international student applicants from non-English speaking countries must submit proof of English proficiency, for example, a TOEFL score of at least 61 (iBT), or an IELTS band score of 5.5 or higher. Click here for more information on how you can provide proof of your English proficiency if English is not your native language.
SAT/ACT scores are NOT required for admission purposes and are not accepted as proof of English proficiency, but they will be used for consideration in determining placement into academic coursework. Request your official score reports from the College Board to be sent directly to the Center for International Education at HCC. Test scores may not be older than two years.
6. Submit a copy of your valid passport. F-1 students transferring from another U.S. institution must also submit a copy of their F-1 visa, a copy of their current Form I-20 and the Transfer Clearance Form, completed by their current International Student Advisor.
Once your application is complete, your file will be reviewed. Please be careful in submitting all appropriate documents, as incomplete or improperly completed items will result in a delay in processing your application. Initial F-1 students who are accepted to HCC will be sent an official Arrival Guide with an Acceptance Letter and Form I-20. You will use this I-20 to apply for your F-1 student visa at your local United States Embassy or Consulate. The Arrival Guide will provide you with detailed information regarding next steps on your way to enrollment at HCC.
7. Submit proof of health insurance. All international F-1 students must submit proof of health insurance before enrolling in courses at HCC. Visit www.insuranceforstudents.com/hcc to enroll in the College-preferred health insurance plan.