Instructional Technology Services
The mission of Instructional Technology Services (ITS) at Hillsborough Community College is to assist faculty in integrating technology in all aspects of academic life. We seek to promote and support the use of technology in teaching and learning through faculty leadership, vision, collaboration, and inquiry into the effective uses of technology.
- Understanding technologies, trends, and how they impact teaching, learning, and research.
- Serving as a resource to faculty who need help envisioning how technology can help them with teaching, learning, and research.
- Assisting faculty with the development of courses utilizing various technologies.
- Researching new and emerging technologies and making them available for experimentation and creative development.
- Serving the technical needs of the college by providing workshops, training, and production support.
- Managing and developing the eLearning course offerings using a blend of technology including: videoconferencing, streaming video, and web-based courseware.
- Providing assistance to faculty integrating information technology into the curricula so faculty can continue to meet course objectives in new and exciting ways.
- Working with faculty and staff in the development and management of Web pages.