What is TRIO Student Support Services?
TRIO SSS is a federal program that helps students stay in college. The program enhances students’ academic skills, increasing their retention and graduation rates.
Who is eligible to participate in TRIO Student Support Services Program?
The following criteria must be met to be eligible:
- Be a citizen or national of the United States or meet the residency requirements for Federal Student Financial Assistance.
- Be enrolled at Hillsborough Community College or be accepted for enrollment in the next academic term at HCC.
- Have a need for academic support.
- Students must be:
1. Low-Income OR
2. First Generation College Student OR
Where are TRIO Student Support Services offices located?
Ybor City Campus
2112 N. 15th Street
Tampa, Florida 33605-3648
Faculty Building, Room 116
Dale Mabry Campus
Tampa Bay Blvd / Dale Mabry Highway
Tampa, Florida 33630-3030
Social Science Building, Rooms 242 & 239
What are the hours of operation?
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
What services are provided for students?
The program offers a variety of services and activities:
- Academic Advising
- Study Skills Developmental Workshops
- Transfer Workshops
- Career and Cultural Diversity Workshops
- Technology Workshops
- Financial Aid and Financial Literacy Workshops
- Computer use
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- Educational Visits to 4-Year Universities
- Need and Incentive Scholarship
What is the Transfer Initiative Program?
TRIO SSS provides information about 4-Year colleges and universities; application process, admission, housing, financial aid, and transcripts. SSS provides trips each semester to give students the opportunity to learn about other institutions.