AA • Architecture Emphasis
AA.ARC (73 credit hours)
This pre-major is for students who want to pursue a four-year degree in architectural design, interior design and landscape
Careers include interior and building design, furniture and lighting design, urban planning, industrial design and sales as well as jobs in the environmental field and construction industry.
NOTE 1: The list is a guideline. Consult an advisor or counselor for general education and recommended courses/electives
for this pre-major, or consult the appropriate advising guide on the HCC website (/ssem/advisingguides.
NOTE 2: IDS 2891, Connections is required for graduation.
YEAR I – First Semester
ARC 1211 The Building Arts - 3 cr.
* ARC 1301 Architectural Design I - 4 cr.
* ARC 1701 Survey of Architectural History I - 3 cr.
MAC 1105 College Algebra - 3 cr.
YEAR I – Second Semester
ARC 1302 Architectural Design II - 4 cr.
* ARC 2461 Materials and Methods I - 3 cr.
ENC 1101 English Composition I - 3 cr.
*PHY 2053 General Physics I - 3 cr.
*PHY 2053L General Physics I Laboratory - 1 cr.
YEAR I – Third Semester
ENC 1102 English Composition II - 3 cr.
SPC 1608 Public Speaking - 3 cr.
Behavioral/History/Political Science General Education - 3 cr.
YEAR II – First Semester
* ARC 2201 Theory of Architecture - 3 cr.
* ARC 2303 Architectural Design III - 5 cr.
* MAC 2233 Calculus for Business and Social Science - 4 cr.
ARH 1000 Understanding
Visual Art or
Introduction to Humanities or
MUL 1010, Introduction to Music or
PHI 1010, Introduction to
THE 1000,Introduction to Theater Arts - 3 cr
YEAR II – Second Semester
* ARC 2304 Architectural Design IV - 5 cr.
* ARC 2501 Architectural Structure I - 4 cr.
Biological Science General Education - 3-4 cr.
YEAR II – Third Semester
Behavioral Science General Education - 3 cr.
History General Education - 3 cr.
Humanities General Education - 3 cr.
Total: 73 Credit Hrs
* Common Course Prerequisites recommended by the State for successful transfer to university.