Frequently Asked Questions



Q. Do I need a college degree to enter the Design/Construction field?

A. In order to become licensed in the fields of Architecture or Engineering you must have a College degree. The level of degree varies with the field of study. All can start at HCC. HCC Architecture students can now transfer into a four-year degreed program at USF – leading to a Masters in Architecture degree.

HCC Building Construction students can transfer to the University of Florida and complete a four year or Masters degree.  Contractors are required at a minimum to have one year of approved College level courses plus 3 years of work experience.


Q. Are there jobs available in these fields?

A. Yes, the construction industry is looking for motivated and educated people in all fields of study, most of our students have job offers before they graduate.


Q. How do I learn more?

A. Click on the different  links on the left to get more information and samples of student work.


Q. I have more questions, whom do I contact?

A. You can E-mail Professor Joe Tisdale at or call him at (813) 259-6331.

This page last updated May 23, 2016 eab

Please report any problems with this page to Eugene Broda