HCC Home >
Faculty Info >
Course Objectives >
MUM 1623: Intro to MIDI
- To learn MIDI terminology
- To gain a practical understanding of procedures that will make the student comfortable at most sequencing stations.
- To gain knowledge of the hardware, software applications and technical manuals of MIDI-related process.
- To gain some basic knowledge of orchestration and theory sufficient to achieve success with the assigned MIDI projects.
- To learn principals of sound and the analog to digital conversion process.
- To develop an understanding of the terms and materials presented in class and display that understanding through MIDI projects that will be a basis for grading in the course.