HCC Home >
Faculty Info >
Course Objectives >
MUL 1010: Intro to Music
- To familiarize students with selected masterpieces in western music.
- To familiarize students with the various musical genres and how they evolved through the major cultural style periods.
- To familiarize students with significant composers and their compositional processes.
- To put significant composers and their music in a historical context.
- The student will develop a musical vocabulary along with an understanding of musical concepts.
- The student will develop an aesthetic criteria which will help establish guidelines for evaluating music.
- The student will develop listening skills to help in understanding