MUT 2116: Music Theory III
- The student will be able to realize a figured bass in any key, which contains altered chords, chromatic harmonies, and modulations to closely related keys.
- The student will be able to identify, notate, and resolve any principle or secondary triad, seventh chord, secondary dominant/diminished seventh, or borrowed chord.
- The student will identify, analyze, and notate any modulation (phrase, chromatic, or common chord) to closely related keys.
- The student will identify, analyze, notate and resolve augmented sixth chords.
- The student will harmonize a given melody or bass line, in any key, using the elements above.
- The student will be able to analyze selected materials from music literature for specific usages of the elements above.