HCC Home >
Faculty Info >
Course Objectives >
MUT 2117: Music Theory IV
- The student will be able to realize a figured bass in any key, using all altered chords, chromatic mediants, tri-tones, and modulations to foreign keys.
- The student will be able to identify, notate, and resolve any principle or secondary triad, seventh chord, secondary dominant/diminished seventh, or borrowed chord, from theory III.
- The student will be able to identify notate, and resolve any chromatic mediant, augmented sixth chord, neapolitan sixth chord, diminished seventh chords with evaded resolutions, tri-tone root relationships, altered dominants, 9th, 11th, and 13th chords.
- The student will identify, analyze, and notate any modulation (phrase, chromatic, or common chord) to closely related keys.
- The student will write an original short composition utilizing the materials above.
- The student will analyze selected musical examples utilizing the elements above.