MUT 1241L: Sight SingingI
- The student will sight-sing, using solfeggio syllables, simple melodies in all major keys in treble and bass clefs.
- The student will sight-sing these melodies with a full understanding and execution of duple, triple, simple and compound meter.
- The student will sight-sing these melodies with a full understanding of the rhythmic patterns involved, i.e. dotted-eighth and sixteenth notes, dotted-quarter and eighth notes, etc.
- The student will take dictation of harmonic and melodic intervals and identify them qualitatively as well as quantitatively
- The student will take rhythmic dictation.
- The student will take melodic dictation of short (four to five measures) melodies involving the elements mentioned above.