HCC Home >
Faculty Info >
Course Objectives >
MUN 1710: Stage Band
- To perform at least two concerts per term as part of the grade for the course.
- The student will attend all rehearsals and performances.
- The student will know the principles of good technique and apply them at all times.
- The student will learn standard jazz tunes in various styles and from the different eras of jazz.
- The student will learn the melodic and harmonic structure of these tunes.
- The student will be able to improvise over the harmonic structure in the style of the era.
- The student will play his or her part with good tone, even tempo, dynamics and musical phrasing.
- The student will learn about the challenges inherent with performing in ensemble. Such issues include, but are not limited to, listening to the other player's part and being sensitive to issues of balance, intonation, blend, and musical dialogue.