getting financial aid
Most financial aid programs require financial need which is determined by the information provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). However, in addition to need, you must meet the following criteria:
- Students may receive financial aid from only one institution per semester.
- Be U.S. citizens or national, or resident of the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, Palau, or be eligible non-citizens.
- Have a valid high school diploma or GED.
- Be accepted for enrollment at HCC as a degree-seeking undergraduate student or a financial aid approved PSAV, or College Credit Certificate program.
- Demonstrate financial need (required for most aid).
- No previous four-year degrees (except for direct federal loans).
- Not have defaulted on any federal educational loan or owe a repayment to any Federal loan or grant program.
- Not reached your lifetime limit for Pell Grant.
- Meet selective service requirements.
- Be enrolled for the minimum credit hours required based upon the type of financial aid awarded.
- Be in good academic standing and making satisfactory academic progress.
- For students who are selected for verification, additional documents are required. Please log in to your Hawknet WebAdvisor to view required forms.
*For more information regarding Financial Aid Guidelines please see the HCC College Catalog.*