getting financial aid
Most financial aid programs require financial need which is determined by the information provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA - English) or FAFSA -Español . However, in addition to need, you must meet the following criteria:
- Students may receive financial aid from only one institution per semester.
- Be U.S. citizens or national, or resident of the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, Palau, or be eligible non-citizens.
- Have a valid high school diploma or GED.
- Be accepted for enrollment at HCC as a degree-seeking undergraduate student or a financial aid approved PSAV, or College Credit Certificate program.
- Demonstrate financial need (required for most aid).
- No previous four-year degrees (except for direct federal loans).
- Not have defaulted on any federal educational loan or owe a repayment to any Federal loan or grant program.
- Not reached your lifetime limit for Pell Grant.
- Meet selective service requirements.
- Be enrolled for the minimum credit hours required based upon the type of financial aid awarded.
- Be in good academic standing and making satisfactory academic progress.
- For students who are selected for verification, additional documents are required. Please log in to your Hawknet WebAdvisor to view required forms.
*For more information regarding Financial Aid Guidelines please see the HCC College Catalog.*