Student Loan Information
Hillsborough Community College offers loans through the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program, which issues loans directly from the federal government.
Available loans include:
- Federal Direct Subsidized Loans - Based on financial need. Interest is paid by the government while you are enrolled at least half-time and during grace or periods of deferment.
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans - Not based on financial need. Interest begins accruing on these loans immediately upon disbursement.
- Federal Direct PLUS Loans (Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students)
- Private loans
Click here to link to the Current federal loan interest rates
How to apply for Federal Direct Loans
Students applying for a Federal Direct Loan must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours and complete the following steps before receiving the first loan disbursement:
- Online FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Financial Aid) HCC’s school code is 007870.
- Accept or Reject loans offered to you based on your eligibility through HawkNet WebAdvisor
- First Time Borrowers must complete Loan Entrance Counseling and the Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) using their federal PIN.
*Note: First-time, first-year Direct Loan borrowers receive their first loan disbursement 30 calendar days after the first day of classes, according to federal regulations.