Student Loan Information
Hillsborough Community College offers loans through the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program, which issues loans directly from the federal government.
Available loans include:
- Federal Direct Subsidized Loans - Based on financial need. Interest is paid by the government while you are enrolled at least half-time and during grace or periods of deferment.
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans - Not based on financial need. Interest begins accruing on these loans immediately upon disbursement.
- Federal Direct PLUS Loans (Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students)
- Private loans
Click here to link to the Current federal loan interest rates
How to apply for Federal Direct Loans
Students applying for a Federal Direct Loan must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours and complete the following steps before receiving the first loan disbursement:
- Online FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Financial Aid) HCC’s school code is 007870.
- Accept or Reject loans offered to you based on your eligibility through HawkNet WebAdvisor
- First Time Borrowers must complete Loan Entrance Counseling and the Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) using their federal PIN.
*Note: First-time, first-year Direct Loan borrowers receive their first loan disbursement 30 calendar days after the first day of classes, according to federal regulations. Funds for book charging will not be available until the second semester.