HILLSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE
STUDENT RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCEPTANCE OF USE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As part of the enrollment and registration process at Hillsborough Community College (HCC), I agree to the following:
• I am aware of the HCC registration, add/drop, and withdrawal policies.
• It is my responsibility to keep my contact information current and to provide any changes to Admissions and Records.
• I am responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of my account and password and for restricting access to my computer. I am responsible for all activities that occur under my account or password.
• I am responsible for the payment of all fees and charges incurred on my HCC student account.
• If fees and charges are not paid in full, HCC may refer these amounts to an external collection agency. If my account is forwarded to a collection agency, I will be responsible for any collection agency costs up to 35%, as well as the amounts I owe HCC. Delinquent debts may be reported to a credit bureau.
• It is my responsibility to review my HCC Account Statement and make payment by the published due date. If my financial aid is reduced or cancelled, I am responsible for all charges on my account.
• It is my responsibility to drop or withdraw myself from classes. My failure to drop or withdraw in a timely manner does not relieve me from my financial responsibility to HCC for tuition and fees. Further, non-attendance does not relieve me from my financial responsibility.
• If full financial payment and/or arrangement (financial aid, 3rd party agreement, or a tuition installment plan) has not been made by the due date, a “hold” may be placed on my student record restricting me from registering, receiving a diploma, and/or obtaining a transcript until the account is paid in full.
Official Form of Communication
My HCC HawkMail365 email account is the official means of communication for HCC. All material sent by email to my college email address will be deemed received. I understand it is my responsibility to review emails regularly and my HCC account summary via WebAdvisor. Deadlines and policy information are available at HCC’s website at www.hccfl.edu. I understand that HCC may use an automated calling system and a pre-recorded message to contact me by land and/or cell phone regarding any outstanding account due to HCC using any phone number I have provided to HCC.
Notification of Collection and Use of Social Security Numbers
Florida law (Section 119.071(5)), Florida Statutes, requires that HCC provide notice on how HCC will use your social security number (/SocialSecurity).
By checking the box at the point of registration and clicking submit, you acknowledge that:
you have read, understand and will comply with the HCC STUDENT FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY policy.