Nationwide Pet Insurance can help you balance the cost of many annual or one-time expenses, as well as help you cover the cost of unexpected treatments. Examples of services include your Pet’s treatments, lab fees, X-rays, etc. You are eligible for a discount when you enroll as an HCC employee. You save even more when you enroll multiple pets. Nationwide Pet Insurance provides the following features:
- Freedom: You are free to use your choice of veterinarian worldwide (no pre-approval necessary) – including specialties and emergency providers.
- Flexibility: Nationwide’s plans are licensed in all 50 states.
- Savings: Receive discounts when enrolling multiple pets –
- 1 pet = 5% discount on base medical or wellness plan
- 2-3 pets = 10% discount on base medical or wellness plan for each pet
- 4+ pets = 15% discount on base medical or wellness plan for each pet
- Extras: Through their vetHelpline, policyholders receive live veterinarian guidance 24/7 about their pet’s health, from general questions to identifying urgent care needs. In addition, policyholders enjoy discounts on pet products and services, a newsletter, online support and more.
How does Pet Insurance from Nationwide work?
- Visit any veterinarian, worldwide
- Submit a claim
- Receive reimbursement
What level of coverage plans are available?
Major Medical Plan (Comprehensive) (starting at $13/paycheck or $29/month) – A low $250 deductible, Covers accidents including poisonings; cuts & broken bones; common illnesses such as ear infections, rashes, vomiting & Diarrhea; serious/chronic illnesses including cancer, diabetes & allergies; and hereditary conditions. Also covers procedures & services including surgeries, Rx medications, testing & hospitalization.
Pet Wellness Plan Plus (Everyday care) (starting at $10/paycheck, or $21/month) – No deductible, maximum annual benefit $500, two physical exams per policy term, behavioral exam and/or treatment, vaccination or titer, Heartworm or FeLV/FIV test, Fecal test, deworming, nail trip, microchip, flea control or heartworm prevention, one additional test per policy term – choose from health screen (blood test), X-rays or electrocardiogram.
Major Medical Plan (Comprehensive AND Pet Wellness Plan Plus (Everyday care) (starting at $22/paycheck, or $47/month) – This is a bundled plan that covers all of the above.
When and how do I enroll in Nationwide Pet Insurance?
You may enroll at any time during the year. To enroll you will need to contact Nationwide directly at: http://www.petinsurance.com/affiliates/hillsborough or call 1-888-899-4VPI.
Since 1982, Nationwide has been the nation’s leading provider of pet health insurance.
If you have questions or need our assistance, please call 813-253-7555.