Welcome to the web site for the 5th Year Review of our SACS Reaffirmation
Hillsborough Community College is an accredited member of the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools (SACS), Commission on Colleges, as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE). Membership requires “reaffirmation” every ten years. HCC was last reaffirmed in 2007 as being in compliance with the Principles of Accreditation.
However, ten years is a long time – consequently, membership also requires a Fifth Year Review at the mid-point of the decennial cycle. The Fifth Year Review was instituted to respond to the USDOE’s requirements that 1) accrediting bodies continuously monitor institutions to ensure compliance and 2) that accrediting bodies have a mechanism for reviewing multiple sites initiated since last reaffirmation.
Fifth Year reporting for HCC is due to SACS in the late summer of 2012. Components of the report include the items below.
1. Signatures Attesting to Integrity as signed by the President and the Accreditation Liaison.
2. The Institutional Summary.
3. An Abbreviated Compliance Certificate addressing a subset of 14 core requirements and comprehensive standards.
4. Additional Reports as requested by the Commission on Colleges. This is not applicable to HCC as the institution received no recommendations for improvement during the last reaffirmation. Thus, no follow-up reporting is required.
5. The QEP (Quality Enhancement Plan) Impact Report assessing the impact of the Plan on student learning outcomes.
The purpose of this web site is to serve as an information resource to support the Review. It will also host the reports as required above for submission to the SACS Commission on Colleges.
For more information on the Fifth Year Review click here. For information about the SACS review at HCC contact Dr. Paul Nagy or Alisa Zujovic.