Library Services for Persons with Disabilities
The Hillsborough Community College Libraries aim to provide equal access to Library resources and services for all students, staff and faculty. Furthermore, this objective extends to our commitment toward facilitating the research needs of those with disabilities.
Our policy is informed by law, by the American Library Association (ALA), and by Hillsborough Community College's commitment to meeting the needs of those with diabilities. For more information, see the Links section below.
HCC Library Resources and Facilities
- Zoom Text Software version 8.1
- JAWS version 6.2
- Optelec ClearView 500
- Handicapped Accessible computer stations (#3, #14)
- Large 24" flatscreen monitor
- Staff available to assist with retrieval of materials and use of photocopiers, etc.
- Handicapped Accessible computer stations
- Selected Closed Caption Videocassettes
- Closed Caption TV in Reference area
- See Physical Access considerations for the DM Library noted below
- Zoom Text Xtra Software version 7.06 (computer station #5)
- JAWS version 3.20.09 (computer station #9)
- Optelec Clear View 500 (for enlargement of text)
- TDD telephone: 813-253-7761
- Priority use computer workstation with JAWS 4.5 and ZoomText Xtra 9.0 software
- Optelec ClearView 500 (for enlargement of text)
- Staff available to assist with retrieval of materials and use of photocopiers and microfilm etc.
Equipment and Software Information
Physical Access to Dale Mabry Library
The Dale Mabry Library is located in the LRC (Learning Resources Center) north of the Social Sciences Building that faces the Tampa Bay Boulevard side of the campus. Though the LRC is a three-floor building, only the second and third floors contain the resources and services available to users. (The first floor includes the mailroom, mailboxes and offices).
All floors of the Library are accessible by elevators. The elevator on the first floor is located through the door at the extreme west entrance of the LRC next to the Humanities Building (also located north of the Social Sciences Building). Though there are several doors on the first floor to enter the Library, this extreme west entrance is the most direct path to the elevator. Look for sign that says, "TO ELEVATOR." The Library's first floor is directly across from the Campus Convenience Store and Bookstore both of which are on the first level of the Social Sciences Building. Also, there are wheelchair accessible telephones outside of the Library's first level entrance.
Since the Library is connected at the second floor level to the Tech, Social Science, Humanities and Science buildings by way of a bridged plaza, it is possible for users who are on the second floor in any of those buildings to go to the Library by taking second floor exit doors. There is a big sign on the building that reads, “Learning Resources Center.” When entering the Library from the second floor, the elevator to the first floor is located on the immediate left down the hall, and the elevator that takes you to the third floor is on the right immediately after going through the Library's security gates.
Library Coordinator for Disabilities Services
Please contact Jeremy Bullian with any questions, comments concerning Library disabilities services.
Other Hillsborough Community College Contacts
HCC Services for Students with Disabilities