HCC and Library Vision and Mission Statements
The College’s vision is that Hillsborough Community College will deliver education of the highest standards enabling a diverse community of life-long learners to achieve their maximum potential in a global society. Its mission is that Hillsborough Community College, a public, comprehensive institution of higher education, empowers students to excel through its superior teaching and service in an innovative learning environment. The College’s mission and vision drive the vision and mission of the HCC Libraries.
The vision of the HCC Libraries is to provide excellent learning resources and information literacy programs to support members of the college community in achieving their academic goals, and in navigating the increasingly complex world of information. This vision supports the institution vision by assuring the resources needed to support the abilities of learners to achieve their maximum potential.
HCC Libraries are teaching libraries that support and enrich the educational curriculum by:
- Selecting, acquiring, organizing, and providing resources, in all formats, that meet the academic needs of a diverse community
- Providing sufficient, qualified professional and support staff and resources
- Providing library information literacy instruction to help students develop critical thinking skills and become independent life-long learners
- Providing professional research assistance and consultation
- Improving library resources and services through regular program evaluation and continuous participation in college-wide planning and evaluation
- HCC librarians will accomplish this mission in collaboration with the Hillsborough Community College community.
This mission supports the institutional mission by providing the resources and services needed to sustain an innovative learning environment.