Hillsborough Community College,
a public, comprehensive institution of higher education,
empowers students to excel
through its superior teaching and service
in an innovative learning environment.
Hillsborough Community College
will deliver education of the highest standards
enabling a diverse community of life-long learners
to achieve their maximum potential in a global society.
- Visionary, Ethical Leadership that upholds participatory decision-making; that acknowledges the contributions of others; and that creates a culture of openness, inclusion, trust, fairness, respect, loyalty, and appreciation.
- Academic Quality and Integrity that maintain the highest standards for providing the educational experiences that will ensure student achievement in current and future endeavors.
- Accountability that responds to the college’s internal and external community. The college will provide a work environment that fulfills its mission, and it will continually monitor results and review its strategic plans.
- Community Relations that include collaborative partnerships, shared resources, and continuous communication. The college commits itself to community forums, advisory committees, and other means of participation.
- Educational Support Services that provide broad access for students through excellent staffing, modern materials, and technological resources. The college will promote student completion of desired programs. Support services aim to enhance student diversity, development, and growth.
- A Learning Environment that offers creative delivery of programs and advances opportunities and successes through the use of traditional and nontraditional student-centered instruction.
- Fiscal Responsibility that demonstrates sound management, long-range planning, and comprehensive participation in the budget process.
- Development Opportunities that focus employees’ work toward students and that motivates employees to maintain high standards.
- Cultural Diversity that celebrates individual talents and experiences that enrich one another’s lives as well as improve the college’s curricular and extracurricular offerings.
- Strategic Planning that not only responds to internal and external needs, but also assesses and anticipates strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities. This planning will be practical, comprehensive, and visionary in its approaches.