Welcome to the Plant City Academic Advising web page! We hope that you take a look around our site and find the answer to your questions. We have attempted to include as much information as possible online and direct you to the right place. Please see the navigation links that appear on the left side of the page for further advising information and do not hesitate to contact us at anytime. And remember, when in doubt, contact your advisor!
It is highly recommended students new to campus visit with an Academic Advisor upon satisfying admissions requirements and taking the College Placement Test (CPT) if needed.
Primary Roles of an Academic Advisor:
Help students select appropriate courses for their major
Give referrals for College Placement Testing and CLAST Exam
Complete “unofficial” evaluations of transcripts for Transfer Students
Complete Degree Audits for Financial Aid
Help students with graduation and transfer processes
Complete final Graduation Reviews
Register/Drop students from classes if student is not able to do so
- Can assist you with petitions if you need to drop or withdraw from a class after the published deadline dates.
- Will assist you with your academic appeals and with getting into classes if your GPA falls below 2.0.
- Will help you with a career choice.
- Can help you with test anxiety issues.
- Will do short-term assessment and referrals as necessary for personal issues.
Extended Hours (ONLY during the week before and the week of Drop/Add week):
- Monday 8:00—7:00
- Tuesday 8:00—7:00
- Wednesday 8:00—4:30
- Thursday 8:00—4:30
- Friday 8:00—12:00
- Monday thru Thursday 8:00—7:00
- Friday 8:00—4:00
Office Location: Student Services
NOTE: For important dates and deadlines each semester, please see the HCC Calendar.