Free Classes for Senior Citizens at HCC.
Students who are 60 years of age or older and have resided in the state of Florida for 12 consecutive months prior to the first day of class are eligible for the fee waiver program to audit without paying registration, application, or related fees, provided that conditions stated are met. Tuition waivers are also available at all HCC Campuses. Seniors audit the classes and do not receive credit as a part of the tuition waiver.Go to Search Sections
- Term - Use the drop down menu to select the term you wish to attend.
- Subject - Select your subject of interest from the drop down menu.
- Main Campus Locations - Select your desired campus or "all campuses" if you have no preference.
- Click Submit to find a class that has space available.
Two (2) of the following proofs of ID are required to register:
- Florida Driver’s License— showing one year Florida residence
- Florida Voters Registration—showing one year Florida residence
- Car Registration
- Proof of purchase of a home or mortgage
You will need to complete the following:
- Complete an HCC application for admission;
- Complete a registration form;
Present these forms to the campus Admissions, Registration, and Records office;
Provide proof of age to the registration clerk who will then sign the fee waiver form and provide a copy of the student’s class schedule.
Give the signed fee waiver form to the campus bursar who will complete the process and provide the student with a paid receipt.
This registration is based on space availability. The class must have space available on the first day of class and have at least 15 paying registered students for a senior citizen to be allowed to audit the class.
Please note - the fee waiver does not include the cost of textbooks.