Transient Students

Students attending other colleges or universities who wish to take courses at HCC to fulfill degree requirements at their home institutions may be admitted as transient students. HCC students who wish to take courses at other institutions to fulfill their HCC requirements may apply for transient status.

Students Attending Another Institution Who Plan to Take Courses at HCC:

Prior to registration, a transient student must submit an HCC Application and documentation from their home institution that:

  • Certifies they are in good academic standing,
  • Indicates the HCC courses in which they may enroll,
  • Affirms that they may use the courses completed and credits earned at HCC to meet the program requirements at their home institution.
    Students attending a public Florida postsecondary institution must submit this information via the Online Transient Student Application.

Transient students are not required to provide official transcripts of their previous college coursework.

HCC Students Who Plan to Take Courses at Another Institution:

  • Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
  • If the student plans to attend a private Florida college, written permission from the appropriate campus Dean of Student Services or his/her designee is required. Forms are available in each campus advising/counseling office.
    NOTE: Each institution’s authorization chain is different. Please allow at least 24 - 48 hours for processing between institutions.

Refer to the HCC calendar for exact dates of registration.