Professional counselors are available to help students with career decision-making, academic planning, and personal growth.
- Counselors help provide direction to and monitor the progress of students who are on academic probation and those who have been previously academically suspended or dismissed.
- In addition to short-term individual and group counseling, counselors offer seminars and workshops on study skills, time management, interpersonal skills, test anxiety reduction, and career exploration.
- All counseling services are free to students.
- Students who would like to meet with a counselor may call or stop by an HCC counseling office.
- Students will either be seen on a walk-in basis or given an appointment for a time in the immediate future.
- HCC also offers a Student Assistance Program (SAP) to offer resources tailored to student life, providing you with the right tools to help you through some of life's toughest challenges. Services include mental health concerns, budgeting, day care resources and other work/life related topics. Resources are available in person, online and telephonically. Click here for more information.
- All information students share with counselors is treated with strict confidentiality.
- Call 1-877-736-2575 for assistance.