Students registered with and receiving services from the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities (OSSD) have the following responsibilities:
- Request your ACCOMMODATION MEMOS prior to or at the beginning of each semester. You may request your memos as soon as you are registered for classes.
- Provide a copy of memo to each of your instructors.
- If you are eligible for and require a NOTETAKER in your classes, let the office know as soon as possible. This will help us find and place a notetaker in your class.
- Attend your classes - your notetaker does not take your place in class.
- If you are eligible for and require an INTERPRETER, let the office know as soon as possible so that arrangements can be made.
- Attend your classes. Repeated absences without 24 hour notice may result in temporary suspension of services.
- If you qualify for an ALTERNATE LOCATION and/or EXTENDED TIME on your exams, make arrangements with your instructor prior to each exam.
- If you require a READER and/or SCRIBE during testing, make arrangements with the OSSD prior to each exam. Please give us a least a week's notice.
- If you borrow EQUIPMENT or SUPPLIES from the OSSD, you must check with the office every semester to confirm that you still require the borrowed equipment or supplies. Remember, you are financially responsible for what you borrow.
Conact your campus Office of Services for Students with Disabilities if you are having any difficulties pertaining to your accommodations and/or your courses.