former student - returning
Students maintain an active application status by attending HCC at least one term in an academic year. If you have not attended HCC for more than one year, you must complete a new HCC application. Former students are not required to pay additional registration fees. Former students returning to HCC who are seeking a degree or certificate must meet the graduation requirements of the catalog in effect at the time the student returns to continuous enrollment.
- Apply on line. You will receive your Welcome Letter within 7-10 days. All students must prove on the application that they are residents of the State of Florida to be eligible for the in state tuition rate. For more information about residency requirements go to: http://www.flvc.org/flvc/portal/Home_Page/Advising_Manuals/Residency_Guidelines/
- Turn in Transcripts - Former students who have attended another college or university since last attending HCC must submit official transcripts to the Admissions Office. Transcripts can be hand delivered in a sealedl envelope to any campus Admissions Office or mailed directly to any of our campus locations. For additional information on submitting transcripts go to: www.hccfl.edu/ssem/transcripts.aspx
- Financial Aid - Students interested in Financial Aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Please check the HCC Student Services calendar for application deadlines. If you are receiving a Bright Futures scholarship, you will need to visit the State of Florida’s Bright Futures website at http://www.floridastudentfinancialaid.org/SSFAD/bf/ to select HCC as the school you will attend. The school code for HCC is 292.
- Meet with an Advisor - An advisor will determine if any testing is needed and provide you with instruction on registering for classes. (On line orientation is optional but highly recommended).
- Register for Classes – Once you have met with an advisor you may register for classes online through Hawk Net or with an Advisor.
- Pay for classes- Please check the HCC Student Services Calendar for payment deadlines. After the payment deadline has passed, tuition must be paid on the day that you register for your courses. HCC does offer Tuition Installment Plans (TIPS). The sooner you apply the more payment options you have available. For more information, go to www.hccfl.edu/ssem/tips.aspx If you have received an award letter for financial aid; make sure that you accept your awards by login into your Hawk Net account.