Transfer students have attended other postsecondary institutions and received credit.
- Apply online. You will receive your Welcome Letter within 7-10 days. All students must prove on the application that they are residents of the State of Florida to be eligible for our in-state tuition rate. For more information about residency requirements go to: http://www.flvc.org/flvc/portal/Home_Page/Advising_Manuals/Residency_Guidelines/
- Financial Aid - Students interested in Financial Aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Please check the HCC Student Services Calendar for application deadlines. If you are receiving a Bright Futures scholarship, you will need to visit the State of Florida’s Bright Futures website at http://www.floridastudentfinancialaid.org/SSFAD/bf/ to select HCC as the school you will attend. The school code for HCC is 292.
- Submit Transcripts - All degree-seeking students must turn in official High School or GED transcripts, as well as transcripts from any regionally accredited college or university that was previously attended. Transcripts may be hand delivered in a sealed envelope to any campus Admissions Office or mailed directly to any campus locations. For additional information on submitting transcripts go to: www.hccfl.edu/ssem/transcripts.aspx Students who are admitted without transcripts must ensure that transcripts are received by HCC within 30 days after the term has started. If transcripts are not received, a hold will be placed on the account and you will not be able to register for the following term.
- Meet with an Advisor - All transfer students must meet with an Advisor. Please bring an unofficial copy of your transcripts from all accredited colleges and/or universities that you have attended. The advisor will determine if any testing is needed. The advisor will also provide you with valuable information that will assist you with your transition to HCC. You will be able to register for classes once you have met with an advisor. (On line orientation is optional but highly recommended).
- Register for Classes - The advisor will provide you with instruction on registering for classes. You may register online through Hawk Net or with an Advisor.
- Pay for Classes - Check the HCC Student Services Calendar for payment deadlines. After the payment deadline has passed, tuition must be paid on the day that you register for your courses. The sooner you apply, the more payment options you have available. HCC offers the Tuition Installment Plans (TIPS). For more information, go to: www.hccfl.edu/ssem/tips.aspx If you have received an award letter for Financial Aid, make sure that you have accepted your award by via your Hawk Net account.