Welcome to the HCC Test Centers! It is our mission to operate by the highest professional standards, establish ethical procedures as set forth by the Code for Fair Testing Practices, and employ policies consistent with the NCTA and CCTC. To that end, we shall protect the integrity of all tests, exercise fairness to all students and advance measures to support the faculty.
Centers are located on all campuses and administer a wide range of tests. We encourage you to use the Khan Academy materials to prepare for exams. These resources are completely free of charge. Click here for more information.
Testing Services Available at the HCC Testing Sites: (Please note that all tests require a photo ID)
- CPT - (Computerized Placement Tests) - New, transfer, or returning students may be required or eligible to take part or all of the Placement Tests.
- CLEP - (College Level Examination Program) - CLEP provides an opportunity for students to demonstrate prior learning and earn college credit toward General Education and elective requirements. More information...
- Credit by Exam - Students may earn credit in approved courses by earning “C” or better on the appropriate HCC examination. More information...
- Distance Learning Exams - Students in Distance Learning classes may be asked to take course exams in an HCC Testing Center. More information...
- Faculty Exams - with Instructor permission, students may be able to make up tests they missed in class. See Instructor or Test Center for more information.
- LOEP Exam - This exam is for non-native speakers of English who are interested in the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program. This exam is only offered on the Dale Mabry and Ybor campus.
- Proctored Exams for Other Institutions - All campuses offer this service. Please contact the campus Test Center for more information.
Students with disabilities who need alternative testing arrangements must contact an HCC Coordinator of Services for Students with Disabilities prior to scheduling their tests. Check the Office for Students with Disabilities website for more information.
Hours of operation are location specific. Click the campus links on the left navigation for more details.