If you agree to the terms listed below, please click on the campus where you are attending class. If you do not agree to the terms, please purchase your books on campus.
- We will fulfill all requests for USED textbooks if the textbook is available in USED condition. If the book is not available in USED condition, we will fulfill those requests with NEW condition textbooks.
- Some courses offer the choice between textbook packages or with the components of the packages sold separately. If you inadvertently order the textbook package and the package components, we will attempt to fulfill your order with the least expensive option and cancel the excess from your order.
- You will receive an email confirming your order has been received. A second email will be sent when your order has been processed and is ready for shipment. (This email will reflect any changes to your order and the final cost.) A third email will be sent when the order has been packaged and mailed. (This email will contain a http://www.ups.com/ tracking number. Please note that we cannot ship packages to PO Boxes)
- Textbook listings are accurate and current, but they are subject to change without notice by either the professor or the textbook publisher.
- Hillsborough Community College Bookstore's are not responsible for subsequent textbook changes. Items purchased from other sources based on the information posted on our website are done so at your own risk.
- Regular orders ship within 1 to 3 business days and are typically delivered to the customer within 3 to 10 business days.
- Shipping and handling charges are standard and are not refundable. The average shipping charge is between $13.00 and a maximum of $15.00.
- Your credit card will not be charged until your order is packed and ready for shipment. A hold will be placed on your credit card in the amount of your order total (including sales tax) until the package is packed, or for 3 business days. Please do not submit multiple orders for the same purchase, as a hold is created on your credit card for each order submitted.
- Regular Refund Policy applies.
- The receipt of an order confirmation does not constitute the acceptance of an order or a confirmation of an offer to sell. Hillsborough Community College Bookstore's reserve the right, without prior notification, to limit the order quantity on any item and/or refuse service to any customer. Verification of information may be required prior to the acceptance of any order.
The HCC Bookstore makes every attempt to stock as many used textbooks as possible. This is accomplished by operating a daily used textbook buyback program at each Bookstore and ordering used textbooks from large National Used Textbook Wholesalers. Even with these efforts the Bookstore usually does not meet the consumer demand for used textbooks.
The availability of used textbooks for some courses are limited by the format, required supplemental materials, or packaging of the textbooks. Generally, textbooks that are packaged or sold with consumable products will not be available used. However, there are instances where used textbooks become available for titles in this category. These used textbooks are rare but usually become available due to a new package being damaged or being returned opened by a customer. Sometimes a textbook can be purchased used and the supplemental materials purchased new.
Because of the cost savings, Used Textbooks are in high demand. Used Textbooks tend to sell out first leaving the Bookstore with all New Textbooks for a course. The best opportunity to purchase a Used Textbook is right before the start of the semester.
When placing your order online you have the option to request:
- Used Textbooks or New Textbooks only: The Bookstore will fulfill your order as requested. For example: If you check Used Textbooks only and the Bookstore does not have the requested title in stock, then your order will not be fulfilled.
- Used Textbooks or New Textbooks preferred: The Bookstore will fulfill your order as requested. For example The Bookstore will attempt to fill your textbook order with Used Textbooks, if no Used Textbooks are available at the time of your order, then the Bookstore will fulfill your order with a New Textbook.
TEXTBOOK RENTAL AGREEMENT
Certain textbooks are available to be Rented for the current semester. Not all textbooks are available for rental and availability is determine by the Bookstore. If a textbook for your course is available for rental it will be included with other textbook options for your course. If you are interested in renting the textbook, please click the Rental Textbook option. Rental Textbook periods generally begin prior to the first class day of the semester and end the last day of the semester. Please note that the Rented Textbook must be returned to the Bookstore by the due date. If you are shipping a textbook back to the Bookstore, please note that the Bookstore must receive the Rented Textbook by the due date and is not responsible for delays in shipping. Please be aware if you choose to Rent a Textbook and do not return the Textbook by the specified return date you will be charged the balance retail purchase price of the Textbook and a $20.00 nonreturn processing fee.