VisionThe Academic Success Center is a place for students to learn, improve their chances of success, and build a stronger connection to the college experience. We provide opportunities for students to participate in active and collaborative learning in order to encourage effective study skills, critical thinking, and independent learning.
Services and Resources Provided
- Small group and individual tutoring·
- Student Success Seminars (academic, career, and personal workshops)
- Classroom presentations
- Calculators, math textbooks, and solution manuals
- MLA/APA and other writing guides
- CPT prep resources
- Accessibility software and tools: ZoomText and JAWS, magnifier, low vision keyboards, and low mobility track balls.
The Academic Success Center was created as part of ongoing campus-planning efforts to improve the student experience. Planning for the ASC began in Spring 2008 with the campus visioning sessions that asked students, faculty, staff, and community members to share ideas about programs, facilities, functions, and concepts that would improve the campus. Planning continued with the Courageous Conversations that followed in 2010 to implement the visions. On March 5, 2012, the new Academic Success Center opened its doors, combining the services provided in the previous Math Lab and Tutorial & Writing Center and offering students a new space to study.
HOURS AND LOCATION
Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.