How to Apply
Pre-registration is required for automotive program courses.
- Enrollment: Submit your application now and select your program of interest; Automotive Service Technology (AER) or Autobody Collision Repair and Refinishing (ARR) or Applied Welding Technology (PMT) on the application.
- Financial Aid: Submit a free application for student aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Make sure to have all of your most recent tax documents if you have filed as an independent (single) person.
- If you did not file and are a dependent, your parent/guardian/caretaker will have to submit a FAFSA using their most recent tax documents.
- Follow the step by step process on the FAFSA website to complete the application.
- It will take about two weeks for HCC to receive your financial aid paperwork. Once you receive an award letter and two weeks have past, visit the financial aid office in the Student Support Services building at the Ybor City Campus (located at 1320 E. Palm Ave. Tampa, FL 33605) to complete the application process with a financial aid advisor. The financial Aid office is located on the second floor.
- You will be tested in three subjects: Reading, Sentence Skills and Basic Arithmetic.
- The TABE exam is required to be taken before registering for classes.
- The TABE exam can be taken at the Student Support Services Building at the Ybor City Campus (located at 1320 E. Palm Ave. Tampa, FL 33605). You must present your referral to the staff assistant at the test center before you can take the exam. The test center hours are as follows;
- Monday through Thursday: 8:00am - 8:00pm (no exam given after 6:00pm)
- Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm (no exam given after 2:00pm)
- Saturday: 9:00am - 1:00pm (no exam given after 11:00am)
- Once you complete the exam, the staff assistant at the test center will give you a personal copy of your exam scores, as well as a copy of your scores in a sealed envelope. Do not open the sealed envelope. Please notify Mark Poling once you have taken the exam in order to be placed on our list for the upcoming fall orientation.