EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS TIPS
HCC takes the safety of our students, faculty and staff seriously and we will endeavor to communicate with the college community and the public through all means available to us. Should the decision be made to close college operations for any period of time, the Office of Marketing & Public Relations and the Office of Information Technology (OIT) will use the following resources to communicate such information.
- Email message notification to all HCC Email accounts
- Voicemail notification to all HCC Phones
- Marquee Message notifications on all electronic campus marquees
- Text messaging via Hawk Alert (Sign up at /alerts/)
- Web notification on College’s Home page and other frequently visited HCC websites
- Banner notification upon log-in on campus networked computers
- Message notification on main HCC phone number (813-253-7000)
- Automated phone calls to all students
- Postings on social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter)
- Announcements on major television networks and radio stations
For more resources about your family’s hurricane preparedness, please visit these sites:
We hope you have a safe semester and remember to sign up for Hawk Alert, Facebook, and Twitter so that you can stay connected.