Viruses and Bacteria Review Quiz:
1. Which of these terms refers to the protein coat of a virus?
2. Which of these terms refers to the ’landing gear’ of the bacterial virus?
3. Which is larger? A small bacterial cell or a large virus?
4. Which of these terms does NOT refer to a bacterium?
5. Which kingdom does Anabaena belong to?
6. What is the function of a heterocyst?
Site of food storage
Site of photosynthesis
Site of nitrogen fixation
Site of starch assembly
7. Which of these terms best applies to Gloeocapsa?
8. Which term refers to rod-shaped bacteria?
9. Which term refers to spherical bacteria?
10. Which term refers to twisted or helical bacteria?
11. Which of these organisms was clearly filamentous in appearance?
12. Which organism reviewed in lab is associated with the human colon (large intestine)?
13. Which term applies to a virus that infects bacterial cells?
14. Which of these is characteristic of Gloeocapsa?
Spiral body shape
Helical body shape
Setae between segments
Mother cells with walls
15. Which of these is a Cyanobacterium?