Gram Stain Review Quiz:
1.Which of these is the carbohydrate associated with the cell walls of Eubacteria?
2. Which of these terms refers to type of cell wall that has a "membrane-carbohydrate-membrane" sequence?
Bacterial cell wall
Gram positive cell wall
Gram-negative cell wall
Fungal cell wall
3. What color is associated with Gram-positive bacteria?
4. Which color is associated with gram-negative bacteria?
5. What do we call the process of heat-sealing organisms to the surface of a slide?
6. Which of these is the counterstain in the Gram stain series?
7.Which term describes a chemical substance that makes a cell more receptive to a stain?
8.What is the purpose of the alcohol in the Gram stain series?
The alcohol attaches the organisms to the slide.
The alcohol turns the organisms a blue color.
The alcohol turns the organisms a red color.
The alcohol helps remove excess color.
9.Which of these is the primary stain in the Gram stain series?
10. Which side up when you heat the slide?
Bacterial spread side up.
Bacterial spread side down.
11. Which of these chemicals is Gram’s iodine?
Both-they are the same.
None of these choices.
12. What is the purpose of using stains in slide preparation?
Stains make slides look better.
Stains make slides cleaner and brighter.
Stains provide darkness.
Stains provide contrast.
13. Which of these refers to working with sterile technique?
14. Which of these refers to bacteria?
All of these
15. Which of these refers to the chemical that secures layers of cell wall in the Gram-positive bacteria?