Protist Review Quiz:
1. Which of these protists is a flagellated symbiont in the gut tract of a termite?
2. Which of these marine amoeba-type protists is noted for having silica shells?
3. Which of these organisms uses a paramylon storage body?
4. Is the antheridium of Vaucheria sessilis curved or dome-shaped?
5. Which of these protists has silica valves?
6. What is the function of the paramecium’s micronucleus?
Control of daily metabolic events.
Control of waste removal.
Regulation of reproductive activities.
Regulation of cellular development.
7. Which of these organisms is a water mold?
8. Which of these is the mechanism of motility for amoebas?
9. Which of these identifies a round-shaped diatom body?
10. Which of these identifies a bilaterally symmetrical diatom body?
11. Which of these protists is a protozoan and also has algal properties?
12. Which of these protists has a plasmodial body?
13. Which of these protists has antheridia and oogonia?
14. Which of these is marine brown algae?
15. Which of these is the reproductive chamber of Fucus?