Nonvascular Plants Review Quiz:
1. Which of these terms refers to the leaf-like structure of Marchantia?
2. Which of the following is NOT a group of nonvascular plants?
3. Which of these is an asexual reproductive structure associated with Marchantia?
4. Which of these helps anchor plants and some forms of fungus?
5. Which of these provides an area for distribution of gametes in water?
6. Which of these is the female structure of Marchantia?
7. Which of these is the male structure of Marchantia?
8. Which of these represents the sterile hairs of Mnium?
9. Which of these structures encloses the tip of Mnium?
10. Which of these is associated with the physical support of the Mnium asexual sporangia?
11. How do Liverworts exchange gases with the atmosphere?
They have open air spaces.
They use guard cells.
They use their vascular tissues.
They store air in a storage layer.
12. Which of these will support an archegonium?
Water chamber setae
13. Which of these would be associated with an antheridium?
14. Which of these refers to the sporangial cap of a moss like Mnium?
15. Which of these is the internal support stalk for the spore chambers of Mnium?