Invertebrate Animal Review Quiz:
1. Which of these is the material in Scypha’s spicules?
2. To which of these groups does Hydra belong?
3. Which if these are stinging cells?
4. Which of these refer to the ‘weapon’ located within a stinging cell?
5. Which of these refers to the axial core of a hydroid colony?
6. Which of these refers to the outer integument of a hydroid?
7. Which of these refers to the protective covering that shields a withdrawn hydroid colony?
8. Coelenterates have two body forms. One is the polyp. Which of these is the other?
9. To which phylum to the free-living planarians belong?
10. Which of these represents the location of the genital pore of Clonorchis sinensis?
11. Which of these terms refers to the head region of a tapeworm?
12. Which of these features distinguishes a male Ascarid worm from a female Ascarid worm?
The male has a wider abdomen.
The male has a broader anterior end.
The male lacks a genital pore.
The male has a curved posterior end.
13. Which of these organisms is classified as a pseudocoelomate?
14. Which of these has a mastax?
15. Where would you expect to find a Trichina worm larva?
The worm would be in muscle tissue.
The worm would be in the intestinal tract.
The worm would be in the stomach.
The worm would be in the surface skin layers.