Classification of Tissues Quiz:
1. Which of these represents the primary function(s) of the epithelial tissues?
Epithelial tissues cover and line.
Epithelial tissues support and protect.
Epithelial tissues produce and conduct electrical impulses.
Epithelial tissues provide body movement.
2. Which of these glands has a tube for passage of materials?
3. Which of these tissues has a characteristic “string of beads” appearance?
4. Which of these refers to the study of tissues?
5. Which type of cell would you associate with the kidney tubules?
6. Which of these types of cells are the “generic CT cells”?
7. Which of these fibers is most abundant in CT?
8. Which of these is the type of cell associated with cartilage CT?
9. Which form of cartilage CT has a smooth, clear matrix with scattered cells and no visible fibers?
10. Which type of cell is the “supporting cell” of nerve tissue?
11. Which portion of a neuron can receive incoming energy?
12. Which type of muscle is voluntary?
13. Which type of muscle is associated with the heart?
14. What does the prefix “pseudo” mean?
15. Which type of tissue would you associate with the lining of the oral cavity?
NOTE: You are responsible for the visual identification of all cells, tissues, and specific cell structures identified in your objectives. Practical applications such as these are an inherent part of each laboratory activity and exam.