Overview of the Skeleton Quiz:
1. Which term refers to the bones that lie around body’s center of gravity?
2. Approximately how many bones are in the human body?
3. Which of these terms refers to the “ring structure” of bone?
4. Which of these refers to small bones that form in tendons?
5. Which of these is a projection that helps form joints?
6. Which of these refers to the tiny bones between cranial bones?
7. Which of these is an alternate name for a perforating canal?
MATCH THE STATEMENT WITH THE BEST ANSWER CHOICE FOR QUESTIONS 8-11:
8. Narrow, slit-like opening.
9. Shaft of a long bone.
10. Made of fibrous cartilage.
11. Canal-like passageway.
MATCH THE STATEMENT WITH THE BEST ANSWER CHOICE FOR QUESTIONS 12-15:
12. End of a long bone.
13. Thin growth area of hyaline cartilage.
14. Membrane covering the outside of a long bone.
15. Membrane that lines the cavity of a long bone.
NOTE: You are responsible for visual identification of the microslides of the various cartilages, as well as compact bonYou must know the cell types and cell structures associated with the tissues, as indicated in your objectives. Practical applications such as these are an inherent part of each laboratory activity and exam.