Axial Skeleton Quiz:
1. Which of these refers to the central structure of an intervertebral disc?
2. Which portion of the vertebral bones creates a passageway for spinal nerves?
3. Which vertebrae require costal demifacets?
4. Which of these is another term for the chonchae?
5. Where would you find the mental foramen?
Top of the skull
MATCH THE STATEMENT WITH THE BEST ANSWER CHOICE FOR QUESTIONS 6-10:
6. Large opening at the base of the skull.
7. Portions of the sphenoid bone that help form the eye sockets.
8. An important skeletal landmark for obstetricians.
9. Midline articulation point of the two parietal bones.
10. Location of the pituitary glan
MATCH THE STATEMENT WITH THE BEST ANSWER CHOICE FOR QUESTIONS 11-15:
11. Point of attachment for the dura mater in the cranium.
12. Condition when the spine has a concave curvatur
13. Point of articulation of the temporal bones with the parietal bones.
14. Condition when the spine is curved to the sid
15. Point of passage for internal jugular vein and some cranial nerves.
NOTE: You are responsible for the visual identification of all bones and their markings, as indicated in your objectives. Practical applications such as these are an inherent part of each laboratory activity and exam.