Skeletal Muscle Quiz:
1. Which term is used to describe muscles that are responsible for producing a specific movement?
2. Which of these immobilizes the prime mover?
3. Which of these opposes or reverses a movement?
4. Which of these stabilizes joints?
5. Which of these is a voluntary type of muscle?
6. Which of these refers to the more movable end of a bone?
7. Which of these refers to the more fixed end of a bone?
8. Which of these attaches muscles to bones?
9. Which of these are broad, sheet-like tendons?
MATCH THE STATEMENT WITH THE BEST ANSWER CHOICE FOR QUESTIONS 10-12:
10. A short muscle.
11. A saw-toothed muscle.
12. A small muscle
MATCH THE STATEMENT WITH THE BEST ANSWER CHOICE FOR QUESTIONS 13-15:
13. The CT sheath of a single muscle fiber.
14. The CT sheath around a group of muscle fibers.
15. A bundle of muscle fibers wrapped in CT.
NOTE: You are responsible for visual identification of the microslides of various muscles and their structures. Practical applications such as these are an inherent part of each laboratory activity and exam.