Nerve Tissues Quiz:
1. Which of these terms represents clusters of nerve cell bodies located outside the CNS?
2. Which of these terms represents clusters of nerve cell bodies located within the CNS?
3. Which of these structures receives “incoming” energy information for a neuron?
4. Which of these structures transmits “outgoing” energy information for a neuron?
5. Which of these cells are the supporting cells of the NS?
6. Which term refers to neurons that have one short process that extends from their cell body and divides into sections?
7. Which term refers to neurons that have two processes extending from their cell body?
8. Which term refers to neurons that have one axon and multiple dendrites extending from their cell body?
9. Which of these refers to neurons that carry impulses towards the CNS?
MATCH THE STATEMENT WITH THE BEST ANSWER CHOICE FOR QUESTIONS 10-12:
10. Bundles of nerve fibers.
11. A neuron that connects “incoming” with “outgoing”.
12. A neuron with one axon and one dendrite.
MATCH THE STATEMENT WITH THE BEST ANSWER CHOICE FOR QUESTIONS 13-15:
13. The CT sheath that surrounds one nerve fiber.
14. CT that binds groups of nerve fibers together.
15. A neuron that receives “incoming” information.
NOTE: You are responsible forvisual identification of the microslides of various neural tissues and cells.Practical applications such as these are an inherent part of each laboratoryactivity and exam.